Sunday, October 17, 2010

Reactivate!!

I forgot about this. But since I'm off to Thailand tomorrow for a while I thought it would be as good a time as any to start keeping people up to date. And this is a better way than sending those interminable travel emails.

It's really strange working in a movie that has such a huge amount of secrecy attached to it. I have no desire to break the NDA accidentally by blog, so I might be so hideously vague when I get to Thailand that it's pointless reading this anyhow. At the moment I have absolutely no idea what I am supposed to be doing. I know the name of my character, and I know how much I am being paid. I don't know what my character does, even. Last night I dreamt I was on a boat with the director and he told me I had to jump into a river full of hippos and wrestle them. When I expressed that I was concerned, hippos having a reputation for being vicious little buggers, he eased my concerns by informing me that they were really rhinos, but they'd been made up to look like hippos...

When I get there i'll probably be behind a desk in a dinner jacket being posh at someone. So perhaps it's pleasant to be loosely panicking about hippofighting and nudity in the meantime. Tomorrow is going to be a long day and my sleep patterns are going to get shafted by the flight. And then I'll arrive in Bangkok and have to stay up for a whole day of wardrobe fittings and whatnot while trying to cram a load of lines into my head. Gogo gadget adrenaline.

No comments: